Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sarah Palin and the Alaskan Independence Party

Is there any significance to Todd Palin's membership in the Alaskan Independence Party or to Governor Palin's video address to the Party as they were meeting for the annual convention? You be the judge. Be aware, though, that the goal of the AIP is the independence of the state from the United States. These folks have no use for our country (except, perhaps, for the pork sent their way by Congress) and leaders of the AIP have referred to US soldiers stationed there as occupying troops. I cannot understand how the mainstream press has not gotten hold of this.

Governor Palin's address to the AIP Convention:



About the founder of the AIP:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a flashback to 1860....

Unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Can someone tell me if the "Blue Dogs" are a spin off on the boil weevils from the 70's and 80's? I'm doing a research paper and trying to understand the evolution of conservative Dems, specifically the timeline between George Wallace to the current "Blue Dogs".

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Bluedog said...

Nasser - Although some Blue Dogs may argue otherwise, the group can, in general, be thought of as descending from the Boll Weevils. However, the Boll Weevils' agenda included maintaining segregation and this is not part of the Blue Dog agenda.

Anonymous said...

bluedog,

Would it be safe to assume that the Blue Dog Coalition gave conservative Dems a reason not to defect to the GOP? In the the 60's thru the 90's many conservative Dems left the party to join the GOP. Also, with the pickups that the Dems will have in 2008, will the Blue Dog's power change? I know that during this session the Blue Dogs have reined in Speaker Pelosi.

Bluedog said...

Nasser - I can tell that you know a lot more about this than me. However, my guess is that the Blue Dog label gave the conservative southern democrats a moniker that was neither liberal nor conservative and which allowed them to continue voting in a way that satisfied their constituents (and got them re-elected). I'll also go out on a limb and guess that the Blue Dogs will gain power as the electorate continues to revolt against extremes. The GOP doesn't really have a place for someone like me and I have to think that there are a lot of us out there.